Friday, April 18, 2008

Newsletter Week 2 Summer Term

Planned Industrial Action by the National Union of Teachers on Thursday 24th April 2008.
I have been informed by members of the National Union of Teachers (NUT) that they will call a national one day strike on Thursday 24th April 2008. This will result in the school being closed on that day for ALL pupils.
I have been required to undertake a risk assessment by the LEA which has resulted in my decision to close the school to pupils on that day. I have not taken this decision lightly and have consulted with the Chair of Governors at every stage and we feel that we have no option but to close on Health and Safety grounds.
I understand that this will cause some difficulties for parents, but am informing you at this early stage in order that alternative child care arrangements can be made by yourselves for your children.
I am reliably informed that most of the schools in this cluster have to make similar arrangements to us. Members of staff that are not involved in the industrial action will be in school but are unable to carry out duties outside their job descriptions.

No comments: