Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Someone remembered Mr. Jones during Focus Week


It's so busy during Focus Week that it is easy to forget that Mr. Jones our head teacher exists. The staff plan so many exiting and varied activities that we are so busy we don’t seem to notice him at all. BUT ….. Mr. Jones is remembered by some pupils, just look at the fruit kebab Connor made for him on Wednesday. It was really delicious, a long cocktail of various fruits bought from Year 3’s visit to the Fruit Shop in Ton Pentre. From the top, apple, strawberry, water melon, more apple, nectarine, grapes, banana, orange, more water melon, strawberry, apple, orange and some grapes. Mr. Jones had one confession ….. he’ doesn’t like bananas!! “When I was a very small boy, my mother and father took me to visit our relatives in Cambridge. It was a very hot day and we decided to have a picnic outside the famous King’s College green. My cousin liked banana sandwiches and I asked if I could have one. Some time later I began to feel a little queasy. And …. you’ve guest it ………was sick all over my mother. Since then I haven’t dared eat another banana.”
Thank you Connor.

No comments: