Wednesday, July 10, 2013

An apology


I would like to offer my apologies for changing arrangements for tomorrow (Thursday) afternoon at such short notice. My original intention was to take our Foundation Phase pupils to the Phoenix in order that they could see the final dress rehearsal of Annie. At the time that we arranged this we were able to guarantee the appropriate staff / pupil ratios to safely transport them by bus to the Theatre. Since communicating this to you a while ago, I now find myself in a position that I cannot guarantee the health and safety of our pupils as the bus company are unable to provide us with the transport and, this hot weather make it inappropriate for the pupils to walk to the Theatre. I appreciate that many of you will have made alternative arrangements and will now have to undo them. Again I can only offer my apologies. We at Gelli Primary want to give pupils the opportunities to participate in school activities and taking the younger pupils to see the show during the afternoon and not in the evening was considered to be a better option. There has also been some confusion with informing you about house colours and arrangements for the sports. We will undertake a thorough review of our arrangements and communication to you this year and take on board some of the helpful suggestions that we have received from parents. Unfortunately, when we try to achieve so much in a short space of time there are inevitably errors in judgment made and some breakdown in communication occur. Hopefully we will not repeat these in future.
 
You will have received a series of texts informing you of this change of arrangements.

No comments: